Saturday, December 1, 2012

A NEW HOUSE!

We are so excited!  We have purchased a new house!  Well it is a used house but new to us!  David found it just by driving around neighborhoods.  He was so excited to tell me about it and when I saw it, I hated it.  I think I just really wanted something newer and all to my specifications.  But we went in it several times and I just fell in love with it.  It is not a big house but lots bigger than where we were before.  Plus the coolest part is that it comes with a pool, hot tub and a natural gas fire pit in the large backyard.  It is an amazing backyard.  Along with all that is a place to play basketball and still room for a large patch of grass.  It is everything we were looking for.  Pootie LOVES our new house.  We bought him a little doggie door to go on the back sliding glass door and he can come in and out whenever he pleases.  He loves running back and forth in the backyard.  I absolutely love the kitchen. It is so big and open and lots of room for storage.  It needs a little updating but not much.
It is so nice to have room to stretch and to put our things.  I can fit ALL of my clothes in the closet rather than storing half of them underneath the house.  My washer and dryer are INSIDE instead of outside my house.  I actually have counter space to cook.  I have a REAL sized fridge.  I can't hear the neighbors phone conversation loud and clear when I am in my house with all the windows shut and so is he.  
I think everyone should live in a modular home to start out their marriage.  Then you really appreciate all the little things when you finally buy a real house.
Before we moved in we had to paint like crazy and get new carpet.  We had so much wonderful help.  We are so grateful for family and friends that are so amazing!
We ordered Dominos pizza and sat around the fire with our friend Doug.
Pootie had hard time with the move.  He turned really needy and always wanted to be held.  He was so grateful that he found his toys in the garage.  He got out all his favorites from his toy box so he could play with them.  I got this picture by sneaking up on him digging in the little basket.  I looked all over for him and this is where I found him.

Panoramic from my iphone
Our cute little pool and hot tub.  Even came with a slide.
I felt like royalty with my name on the whiteboard.  So much signing!

He loves looking out this window.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment